ABTA have published a step-by-step downloadable travel guide called 'Restarting Travel' to help you safely plan your trip in today's travel landscape. You can access the guide here.
Our Top Tips for Travelling
1. Make sure you can travel to that destination. Travel advice, restrictions and entry requirements are all available via the Foreign and Commonwealth website: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
2. Make sure you have comprehensible and adequate travel insurance which covers (not limited to) medical health and cancellation refunds for your travel. We recommend that you purchase full travel insurance to protect you in any eventuality. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/foreign-travel-insurance
3. Stay safe abroad as you would at home and continue protecting yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19. Follow the guidance set in place by the World Health Organisation and any local protocols that are in place for visitors in that destination. https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/news/499/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-general-advice-for-travellers
4. Make sure you are aware of the rules for returning to the UK: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
5. Research the destination and local area to ensure that you are aware of any limited access to public facilities such as restaurants, supermarkets, attraction parks, some may be limited or unavailable during the Covid 19 pandemic or recovery period. This unfortunately is beyond anyone’s control. One of the advantages of a private villa with a pool, you still have many facilities to enjoy but in the privacy of your own villa.
6. Take PPE equipment with you such as masks, gloves and hand sanitiser to ensure you are prepared when you arrive in resort as some destination require this. See the Re-open EU website for more information.