1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
2. What information do we collect?
If you choose to enquire or make a booking through us we will collect details that you provide in relation to that enquiry or booking. Information held is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific travel requirements.
If you choose to let your holiday accommodation with us we will collect details such as your name, contact details, bank account details and details regarding the accommodation you wish to let.
If you use our mobile applications, we may collect location data. For more information, see section 14 below.
3. How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your booking (if you are booking a holiday);
- to enable us to advertise your holiday accommodation, transfer payments due to you and to provide related support services (if you are letting your holiday accommodation through us);
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services;
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites;
- to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you (see section 6 below);
- to manage customer service queries; and
- to help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
- to suggest products or offers based on the profile you create based on your purchase history, the products you view when you browse our platforms, or the products you leave in your cart when you do not finish the purchase process.
4. Why do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data to guarantee the correct processing of your booking, in the event that you book any of our villas.
5. Who will you share my information with?
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer we may share your information with:
- other members of our group of companies and their service providers (see also section 5);
- credit/debit card companies;
- our preferred insurance provider(s) (if you purchase the personal travel insurance policy we offer); and
- other third parties who we may need to work with to fulfil travel plans on your behalf, for example, resorts, management companies, owners associations, airlines, villa owners and other suppliers.
- our third party review administrator(s) who may contact you to ask for your comments on the accommodation and/or services that have been provided.
If you agree, we may also pass on your information for the purposes of conducting a credit check.
If you agree, we may also pass on your information to our group of companies and selected third parties so that they may offer you their products and services or in connection with any marketing initiatives we have in place with third parties.
6. How do you manage my information?
We may from time to time appoint other members of our group of companies, or third party service providers, to help us manage efficient systems within the business. Some of these systems may for operational reasons be located in countries overseas. We will only transfer your information to service providers who help manage our systems, or overseas, where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and compliance with applicable privacy laws.
7. When can we contact you in the future?
We would like to send you information about our own products and services, as well as those of selected third parties. We may do this by post, telephone, email or SMS, unless you have told us that you do not wish to be contacted in this way. We will always ask you to confirm in advance that you are happy for us to allow third parties to contact you by email.
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please update your user preference or send an email to [email protected].
8. How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner. Please be aware that our third parties may have to apply alternate retention policies on your data in line with local legislation. This information is available on request.
9. What are my rights?
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation, May 2018) your rights include, but are not restricted to, the following options:
- confirm whether we hold any of your personal subject data
- send you a copy of any of your personal subject data that we store
- correcting any inaccuracies in your personal subject data
- adding relevant details where the personal data we store is incomplete
- deleting (where possible, in line with legislation) any of your personal subject data
- cease processing your personal subject data(where possible, in line with legislation)
- requesting a copy of the personal subject data in a portable format (where possible, in line with legislation)
- cease processing any of your personal subject data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests
- opting out of any marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent. Please complete Preference Centre.
To request a copy of your personal subject data, stored on your behalf, please complete Subject Access Request Form.
To request for your personal subject data to be deleted, please complete Data Erasure Request Form.
10. How can you access and update your information?
You have the right to update or rectify the information that we hold about you. If you would like correct or update your personal subject data, you can do so here : Preference Centre.
Or by email: [email protected].
11. Does the policy apply to linked websites?
12. When do you monitor telephone calls?
We may from time to time record telephone calls you have with members or our staff for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service.
By email: [email protected]
Or write to us at Solmar Villas, 13 Faraday Court, Centrum 100, Burton on Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 2WX.