Solmar Villas is pleased to offer a selection of luxury villas in Sotogrande, on the Costa del Sol.
Sotogrande is the largest resort in Andalucía. It is well known for being an architectural showcase, with stunning examples of traditional and modern architecture. Sotogrande is 25 kilometres from Gibraltar. It has the most luxurious residential developments in Europe, a famous luxury marina, and is well known worldwide for its sports. You should consider a holiday villa rental in this resort if you’re seeking sumptuous style and a laid-back holiday experience.
The beaches in the resort are secluded and offer peace and tranquillity. There are seven beaches along the coast, most of which are safe, sandy beaches.
If you are looking for some retail therapy whilst staying at a luxury villa in Sotogrande, then keep in mind that the markets start early in the morning, and tend to finish around at around one in the afternoon – avoiding the hottest part of the day. They offer all sorts of local produce, fruit and vegetables, and souvenirs.
- • Monday: Marbella
- • Tuesday: Fuengirola, Castillo
- • Wednesday: Benalmadena, Calahonda, La Linea
- • Thursday: San Pedro, Torre Del Mar, Torremolinos
- • Friday: Benalmadena, Casares, Sabinillas
- • Saturday: Benhavis, Calahonda, Puerto Banus, Fuengirola
- • Sunday: Fuengirola, Estepona, Sotogrande, Torremolinos.
Fiestas/Festivals in Sotogrande
Why not experience the joys of the local culture whilst staying at a private villa in Sotogrande, and take part in one of the many festivals held during the year?
- • January 5: Three Kings Cavalcade
- • January 6: Epiphany
- • February 26 to March 2: Semana Blanca
- • February 28: Andalucía Day
- • February & March: Carnivals (dates vary)
- • March 31 to April 8: Semana Santa
- • May 1: May Day
- • May 14 to May 20: Manilva International Festival
- • June 23: Noche de San Juan
- • July 16: Virgin del Carmen
- • July 16: Dia de Santa Ana
- • August (second week): Summer Fair
- • August 15: Assumption Day
- • September 1 and 2: Vendimia
- • October 12: Spain Day
- • November 1: All Saints Day
- • December 6: Constitution day
- • December 7: Puente
- • December 8: Immaculate Conception
Due to its good weather, Spain has become a popular destination for golfers. If you want to play golf while staying at one of our luxury villas in Sotogrande, you will be spoilt for choice. The resort boasts many golf courses, including some of the best in Europe. Valderrama Golf Course was voted the best in Europe, Real Club De Golf Sotogrande was voted the fifth best in Europe, whilst Duquesa Golf & Country Club is also highly regarded by enthusiasts.
There are also many golf courses in surrounding areas, such as Marbella, Estepona, and Puerto Banus. These all offer a range of different courses, some having nine holes, some 18 and some up to 27.
Things to Do
There are so many things to do for all the family whilst staying at a Sotogrande holiday villa rental. There are many sporting activities to take part in – the resort is well known for its sports facilities. There are golf courses, polo fields, tennis clubs, kayak and sailing clubs, riding stables and a busy marina.
A day trip into Gibraltar is well worth it – there are plenty of attractions there. This is a British territory at the south of Spain. Its town is built around the Rock of Gibraltar. It was used as an army and navy base during the war. Now it offers many attractions to those staying at a private villa in Sotogrande or other nearby areas:
- • Tour of the Rock: Take a minibus taxi and explore this beautiful natural feature. It takes around 90 minutes and the driver will stop at all of the attractions so that you can look around
- • Cable Car ride: This will take you to the top of the rock in eight minutes – there is also a stop at the Apes Den midway
- • Barbary apes: The only free-roaming apes in Europe, there are approximately 160 living on the rock that interact with the visitors
- • Great Siege and World War 2 Tunnels: Both of these tunnels are now open to the public. Their history is explained with the help of waxwork models and props
- • Moorish Castle: Open to the public, again offering more information about the history of Gibraltar
- • St Michaels Cave: A wonderful array of stalagmites and stalactites, and a very good use of lighting within the cave. Part of this cave has also been transformed into a concert theatre
- • Dolphin safari: This departs from the marina bay complex (outside Bianca’s). A few separate companies offer tours, but in general the trips last for around one and a half hours, taking you away from the shore – and possibly giving you the chance to touch the dolphins!
- • Main Street: The main shopping street in town. There are many British shops such as Marks & Spencer and Dorothy Perkins, as well as shops selling glassware, priceless porcelain, unusual pottery, leatherwear, perfumes, jewellery, silks and cashmere
Going the opposite way from Sotogrande there is the water park, Parque Acuatico Mijas, which features aquatic attractions for the whole family. Open May through October, the aquatic park offers everything for a full day of sun and exciting water adventures. Water Park Mijas, is an ideal family activity to enjoy whilst you stay at a holiday villa rental on the Costa del Sol.
Wildlife & Nature Reserve
In Estepona you can find Selwo Adventure Wildlife Park, which is made up of more than 100 hectares of land – making it the largest wildlife park in Europe. There are more than 2,000 species of animals from all corners of the globe. They can be viewed both on foot and also from 4x4 vehicles which take visitors around the park.
There are ferries departing from Gibraltar, Algeciras and Tarifa, taking you to Tangier and Ceuta in Morocco, they run on a daily basis and the journeys take between 80 and 90 minutes. Puerto Banus: An upscale community, with designer shops, exclusive bars and restaurants. It is nicknamed the ‘playground of the rich and famous’.
- • Ronda: Famous for its incredible gorge
- • Casares: A typical Andalucian town set in the hills
- • Duquesa: Duquesa is known as Costa del Sol’s best kept secret, with its great marina that’s full of character and charm. There are two beautiful, sandy beaches here
In the town centre of Estepona there are two streets where the majority of the shops are situated – Calle Real and Calle Terraza. Estepona has charming boutiques, selling shoes, clothes and accessories. There are also shops selling leather, with some good bargains to be found.
- • Laguna Beach Village: A new upmarket shopping area, just to the east of Estepona, with shops including Armani, Gucci, Hugo Boss and many more
- • Marbella/Puerto Banus: Marbella has an amazing shopping centre, and it is the home of the rich and famous. There are many exclusive boutiques and designer shops in the town
There are many different places in and around the resort to eat when you stay at a luxury villa in Sotogrande. The Marina has some of the best restaurants, where you can enjoy some amazing views of the bobbing yachts and see as far as Morocco. There are restaurants that serve up all kinds of different cuisines. The golf and sports clubs all have restaurants or snack bars as well. Going further afield, La Linea has some of the best fish restaurants, whilst Puerto La Duquesa has more restaurants and bars on its marina.
Solmar Villas in Sotogrande
All of our luxury villas in Sotogrande are carefully chosen and approved by our staff – and come with a private pool. Our high standards ensure that every villa to rent in Sotogrande offers the highest levels of convenience and luxury.
In addition to our villas in Sotogrande, we offer properties in the Costa Del Sol resorts of Duquesa, Estepona and Nerja.
We also have a full selection of holiday villa rentals in Balearic Islands, the Canary Islands and the Mainland Spain regions of Costa Blanca and Costa Brava.
Click below to find a villa to rent in Sotogrande.
- Wind: WSW 9km/h
- Humidity: 74%
- Pressure: 1009mb
- Condition: Partly Cloudy