Solmar Villas is pleased to offer a selection of luxury holiday villas in Estepona on the Costa del Sol. Estepona is 75 kilometres from Malaga Airport, at the foot of the Sierra Bermeja Mountains. What used to be a small fishing village has now grown into a great tourist area, with many facilities, attractions and luxury accommodation – including a selection of private villa rentals.
The town still keeps its time-honoured charm. There are many cafés and tapas bars – that still serve traditional Spanish delicacies – situated along the narrow cobbled streets. Estepona stretches along 21 kilometres of the coastline, with large beaches and small coves. To the west is the charming port and harbour, which is a short walk from the town and many of our villas in Estepona. Markets
If shopping is at the top of your ‘must-do’ list of holiday activities when you stay in a luxury villa in Estepona, then you’ll love browsing through the fascinating wares on display at the local markets. There is a tourist market held on the marina on a Sunday morning, selling everything from gifts to belts, sunglasses, souvenirs and fruit.
There is another market held in the town on a Wednesday morning, which is a local traditional market, stocked with fresh fruit, vegetables, clothes, shoes and general household items. There are also other towns nearby which hold good markets – Puerto Banus has one on Saturday mornings in the Bullring, selling Moroccan goods, gifts, clothes, shoes and all sorts of interesting items.
Fiestas and Festivals
More than 3,000 festivals are celebrated every year in Andalucía. They include fairs, pilgrimages, carnivals and religious processions. There are a few that are celebrated through Estepona. Here are some that can be enjoyed whilst staying at a holiday villa rental in the area:
• Three Kings Festival: On the evening on January 6th, three kings riding on horses through the town scatter sweets to the crowds
• The Carnival: This is celebrated before the 40 days of lent, and features processions, carnival queens, dancing and amazing costumes
• Easter – Semana Santa: This is a parade that leaves from the church and proceeds around the streets. It takes place during the week leading up to Easter Sunday
• La Noche de San Juan (the night of San Juan): This usually falls on June 23 or 24, and celebrates the longest night of the year. Everyone gathers on the beaches for barbecues, bonfires, fireworks, music and an all-night party
• Feria Week: Every town or village has a Feria week. The residents all enjoy music, food, drinks, stalls, rides and a public fairground. Estepona’s Feria week is held during the first week of July
You can also play golf whilst staying at a luxury villa in Estepona. The local family-run golf course boasts 18 holes. The course has quite a challenging layout. You can hire clubs and buggies from here, and there is also a restaurant and bar on site.
If you’re seeking a villa to rent in Estepona that makes it easy to enjoy sun, sea and sand, then you’ll be very happy to learn that the local beaches take up 21 kilometres of the coast. The main beach in the centre of town is La Rada Beach. It is backed by a modern seafront promenade, with chiringuitos (beach bars), shops and restaurants. El Cristo beach is situated just outside the town and is a small sheltered cove that’s great for children.
There are two new beach bars there which play music, ensuring the beach has a fun atmosphere. El Padron beach is a few kilometres to the east of the town, with a large car park and two beach bars. There are lots of quieter beaches all along the coast. There is also the Costa Natura – Spain’s first purpose built naturist complex. The complex is supposed to be a members-only club, but you can buy a temporary membership.
Things to do
There is so much to do whilst you stay at one of our luxury villas in Estepona.
• Estepona Marina: You can take a stroll along the marina. There are some magnificent boats and yachts moored along it. There are also some great bars and restaurants here
• Fishing Port: This is to the west of the marina, you can watch the boats land their catch, and there is a fishing auction early in the mornings
• Art Galleries: There are no actual galleries in Estepona, but there are many exhibitions held
• The Bullring: Inside the magnificent Bullring, there are four museums
o The Museum of Archaeology
o Local Museum
o The Museum of Palaeontology
o The Bullfighting Museum
• La Torre del Reloj: The remains of a church that was built in 1473 – there are regular tours starting from the tourist information centre
• Aqueduct de Saladavieja: A small aqueduct, from an old Roman town that once stood in the area
• Puerto Banus: An upscale community, with designer shops, exclusive bars and restaurants – nicknamed the ‘playground of the rich and famous’
• Ronda: Famous for its incredible gorge
• Casares: A typical Andalucian town set in the hills
• Gibraltar: A 40 minute drive from Estepona. There is a whole line of duty-free shops selling electrical goods, gifts, jewellery, leather and perfumery. There is also an array of other attractions including the Tour of the Rock, St Michaels Cave, and the Apes Den – not to mention the views from the top of the Rock. There is also a newly built Casino, a glass making museum and processions by the armed forces
• Selwo Wildlife Park: The park features a range of exotic animals living semi wild. The park is modelled on African safaris
• Shopping: In the town centre there are two streets where the majority of the shops are situated – Calle Real and Calle Terraza. You’ll also find charming boutiques, selling shoes, clothes and accessories. There are also shops selling leather and some good bargains to be found.
Laguna Beach Village
A new upmarket shopping area, just to the east of the town, with shops including Armani, Gucci, Hugo Boss and many more
Marbella has an amazing shopping centre, making it a favourite of the rich and famous. There are many exclusive boutiques and designer shops in the town
Solmar Villas in Estepona
Each villa in Estepona that we offer has been personally selected by our experts – so you can be sure that your holiday villa rental will be of the highest quality and offer the highest levels of luxury. Each of our villa rentals comes with its own private pool.
As well as our collection of luxury villas in Estepona, we also offer properties in the Costa Del Sol resorts of Duquesa, Nerja and Sotogrande.
We also have a full selection of holiday villa rentals in Balearic Islands, the Canary Islands and the Mainland Spain regions of Costa Blanca and Costa Brava. Click below to find a villa to rent in Estepona.
A spacious detached villa conveniently located just 750m from beach in a very private and peaceful cul-de-sac. *Beach: 1km *Shop: 2.7km *Restaurant: 1km
Casa Los Pinos is a luxurious villa perched alongside the last green of the La Resina golf course, and within easy reach of the amazing 'Golden Mile' coastline and the iconic resorts of Marbella and Puerto Banus. *Beach: 2km *Shop: 0.9km *Restaurant: 0.9km
A most desirable villa, with air con and outdoor Jacuzzi in a sought after location close to the sandy beaches, shops and restaurant in the Bahia Dorada area of Estepona. *Beach: 0.5km *Shop: 1.5km * Restaurant 0.5km
Outstanding sea views, gorgeous secluded gardens, a huge private swimming pool and comfortably furnished interiors combine to make Villa Eden a welcome addition to our expanding portfolio of luxurious villas in this popular region.
A delightful detached villa having wonderful countryside views across the golf course.
For those seeking a relaxed and idyllic holiday base within easy reach of gorgeous sandy beaches and all the amenities of a charming and picturesque seaside resort, will find Villa Onosolar an excellent choice.
As you may know, we proudly feature a Something Special range of villas here at Solmar Villas, and Villa Paradise not only qualifies for this category, but raises the bar